Digital marketer is one of the most popular professions in the field of marketing. In many companies, digital marketers are the ones who build the bridge between online and offline advertising.
What does a digital marketer do?
To understand the responsibility of a digital marketer, you must first understand the concept of digital marketing. Thus, digital marketing is marketing that uses digital channels to attract and retain customers.
Digital marketing is often confused with Internet marketing. It is believed that a digital marketer deals solely with the presentation of goods and services, attracting and retaining customers through the Web, but this is the wrong speculation. Internet marketing is only a part of the job of a digital marketer. Their responsibilities often go beyond the Internet.
How does this happen? For example, if you place a billboard, it is marketing, but if it has a QR code, it is digital marketing; if you place advertisements on radio or television – marketing, and if in the speech of an online radio station or digital TV – digital marketing. So, the primary responsibility of a digital marketer – to attract and retain customers, users using all available digital tools.
To do this, the specialist needs:
- Build a digital strategy – a plan to promote a product or service on the Internet.
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns, monitor their implementation.
- Make a buyer’s portrait.
- To be engaged in building communication between the company and customers on the Internet (through paid advertising, through email marketing, social networks, etc.).
- Analyze the market and competitors.
- To be engaged in SEO-optimization of the company’s website.
- Deal with website analytics, conduct A/B tests.
- Test and evaluate the effectiveness of various communication channels and develop plans for new ones.
The digital marketer often holds numerous meetings with employees involved in creating the product and advertising campaign, agencies (monitoring their performance), partners, and sometimes with clients. He interacts with various teams within the company during his work – designers, web developers, content managers, etc.
How Much Money Does a Digital Marketer Make?
The salary of a digital marketer is usually higher than average. It depends on the scale and complexity of the project in which the specialist is engaged, as well as on his experience.
What skills does a digital marketer need?
- Deep knowledge in marketing and internet marketing.
- Ability to analyze Internet analytics.
- Analytical mind.
- Creativity, understanding of the principles of writing advertising texts, creating images that attract attention.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS or Photoshop.
- Sociability, preferably a developed personal brand.
- Ability to work in a team and set tasks for other professionals.
- Sales experience is approved.
- Willingness to constantly learn new things and the ability to learn quickly.
Marketing is an exciting profession that combines creativity and analytics, opportunity to lead several projects at once, to be engaged in international projects.