Facebook has grown over the years from being a merely social connectivity platform to a full-fledged marketing and connecting platform. This has allowed businesses and influencers to capitalize and market themselves to a wide audience. With Facebook, you can connect to your audience and gain vital insights and reviews from your customers.
But in the hindsight this also brings another issue, unverified people leaving fraudulent reviews. This can often cause a negative perception of the company and become detrimental to their growth plans. Since the reviews are open and can be posted by anyone, you cannot control the outcome. This is why there’s a burgeoning question of whether you can remove or disable facebook reviews or not. Thankfully we’ll answer all that in this post.
If you are looking for a quick and easy fix to remove the reviews and malicious views, then the answer is a no. However, there are ways and solutions to mitigate these issues and remove the Facebook reviews. Facebook like other internet platforms like google and more have a strict policy when it comes to removing reviews. But there are ways. Let’s find out.
Reporting the review can help you control such behavior and remove the reviews to a certain extent. Facebook has a policy where anything related to hate speech, bullying, misrepresentation, insensitivity, and other such factors can warrant a removal of the reviews and more. People can put up negative reviews to hamper your brand image or your company and since the internet, as a platform is wide open for anyone, manipulating the negative reviews to skew the brand image too bad is not an uncommon thing.
Here’s an easy step-by-step guide for it:
- Go to the review that you want to remove. If you find the review uninformative and wrong, then you can easily consider it spam and report it.
- Now click on the three dots placed at the top right section. There click on the ‘Give feedback to this review’.
- Then a pop-up window will appear. Select the best-fit description from the list and click on send.
- Now, your issue will be reported and Facebook will then resolve it. The platform will review and see if the review had violated the community standards. If they find your claim valid, the review will be removed and taken care of.
Turning off Facebook Reviews
Another option to go with is the turning off of the Facebook review section completely. This will allow you to avoid any negative reviews, but at the same time, you won’t be able to get any reviews and may as well lose out on the positive reviews too. Think carefully before selecting this option as this can often mean a double-edged sword. But in the hindsight doing so can also help you eradicate any negative and spam reviews on your page and give you a clean slate.
- Log in to Facebook and go to the business page.
- There click on the settings button placed at the top right side of the page.
- Then from the left-hand side click on the Templates and Tabs option from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the Reviews tabs and then select Settings.
- Then move to the right side of the Show reviews where you will find a slider. Click on the slider and disable it.
- Thereafter save it to confirm the action.
- The reviews on your business page will completely be disabled and no other reviews will pop up.