TikTok is a visually focused and most popular social media platform in the digital marketing world. Nowadays, everyone is looking at social media channels to find engaging content and make their purchases on the app.
In fact, TikTok is a magical place for small businesses and brands to show their unique collections to the larger demographic. With its rapid growth and younger user base, TikTok is a powerful tool for content creators and businesses to generate brand awareness and a new level of audiences to your TikTok account.
Let us see the quick facts about TikTok to understand this amazing platform,
- More than 800 million users actively use TikTok each month.
- It has gained over 1.5 billion downloads on the App Store and Google play store.
- 70% of TikTok users are aged between 16 to 24 years, and only 30% of users are 25+ years old.
- TikTok users spend an average of 5 minutes per day on the app.
- 34% of users publish their videos at least once per day on TikTok
Compared to other social channels, TikTok makes it easy to create your videos more engaging and attention-grabbing. For brands and marketers, you can use this increasingly popular platform to make a winning TikTok strategy and most exciting content.
In this blog post, we’re going to see how you can use TikTok to build and level up your marketing strategy.
Let’s get detailed.
#Content Is King:
TikTok’s main mission is to inspire its audience to provide creativity and bring joyful information. Both creators and businesses try to capture many audience eyesights by uploading great content. A brand’s success is based on the format of content they used and how well users engage with it.
Before leveraging your marketing strategy, you need to understand the basic rules of TikTok posting. Here are some valuable tactics that will boost your TikTok content strategies:
TikTok is a vertical video-sharing platform, and you can post up to 3 to 15 second short videos and 60 second long videos. But, the most popular TikTok content is between 11 to 17 seconds.
Most TikTok videos are created directly through its in-app features rather than creators using external equipment. So, whenever you create videos, you can use the TikTok camera and editing feature to gain more engagement and reach.
Viral TikTok trends use certain sounds or hashtags by using the Discover page on the platform. Each creator can use the same sounds and hashtag in a creative way to make their own videos.
A video with effective background music is significant to increase your video visibility and get more reach. TikTok in-app sounds library feature has provided various sounds like popular audio clips, movie songs, user-generated voice overs and more.
#Understand The Platform
TikTok’s growth will not stop at any time because its golden features and primary users are high. However, before promoting your brand on TikTok, you must have a clear knowledge of TikTok and how it works. TikTok has become one of the fastest-growing apps around the globe in a short period.
Did you know TikTok was first launched in 2016 in China with the name Douyin? Within one year, the social media app TikTok achieved 100 million users. Afterward, the company decided to launch this app to international audiences. As of October 2019, it has dominated 500 million users worldwide.
All TikTok videos can be promoted with dazzling music, special effects, filters, and eye catchy captions. In addition, users on this platform can also have a lip-syncing, dancing, and duet feature to directly promote their brand to target customers.
TikTok is a great social media app that makes the internet world completely fun and entertaining.
#How Can Brands Use TikTok To Build Their Marketing Growth?
1. Switch Over Pro Account
No matter whether you’re an individual, content creator, or marketer, you can change your personal TikTok account into a pro account. Here are the steps and benefits to do this:
- Go to your TikTok account
- Click manage my account
- Tap switch to a pro account
- Choose a category to get customized outcomes.
- Add a verification code that instantly comes from the registered mobile.
Benefits of TikTok pro account:
- It is an extended version of TikTok, which helps users to access more video editing features to make their videos more attractive.
- Using a TikTok pro account, you can get extra analytics to your account that can help you to track the weekly and monthly performance of your videos, profile, and followers.
2. Set Up Your TikTok Profile
TikTok profile is a simple webpage that creates more impressions and converts your viewers into followers. It displays your username, profile image, bio, and the videos you posted on the platform. However, you need to spend some time and effort to make a killer profile and get higher engagement.
Here are some simple steps how to optimize your TikTok profile:
- Name & Username – By default, if you create a new TikTok account, you can add your username with numbers. Then you can edit it and choose the exact username as your name.
- Profile Picture – when a person visits your profile page or watches your videos, the first thing they see is your profile picture. Show your brand or company logo as your profile picture and keep the same picture on all your social accounts.
- Impressive Bio – You only have 80 characters to write your bio. A good and perfect bio explains what your business is and mentions your professional skills, and hoppy to engage your audiences. You can also use links and emojis to make your bio more attractive and informative.
3. Create Original Content For Your Brand
Uploading your own content is a powerful TikTok marketing strategy to show your brand in front of a wider audience and gain potential followers to your profile page.
TikTok is completely based on viral content, so your content should be viral on the platform, too; otherwise, it makes a chance your content will be ignored by TikTokers.
Every time you promote content on TikTok, ensure that your content is popular and shareable. It is the two main key factors to receive likes on TikTok and increase your chance of visibility and discoverability.
Moreover, you can use the TikTok Discover page and For You page to figure out the trending hashtags, video clips, and sounds and use it to create your own version of the videos.
4. Upload Hashtag Challenges
An engaging challenge with trending hashtags is a great opportunity to show a better and more exciting part of your brand video. When you upload challenges in your TikTok account that are based on your product or services, you will increase the chance of your audience engagement and invite them to create their own videos with an effective brand message.
One more simple way to create the most engaging and popular content is to provide videos, tips and tricks, and the inner look of your industry. It is an exciting way to boost your reach, drive more traffic, enhance brand awareness and generate sales.
5. TikTok Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is one of the golden opportunities for brands to build their brand reputation and reach potential customers to their website. TikTok has dominated a new generation of influencers with more considerable followers.
Nowadays, more people are looking to connect potential customers and increase their trust with them. Influencers on TikTok can build their trust quickly and easily, and their followers will be excited to see the brands and products they promote and share online. It is the best reason why influencer marketing is important for your business.
6. Engage With Your Audience
Similar to other social networks, TikTok supports frequently engages with your audiences and followers. Comments are the best opportunity to do this because you can quickly interact with your potential customers.
TikTok ranks your comments based on the number of likes they gained. So, whenever you receive comments on your videos, you should reply to them. It is an ideal way to raise your follower’s rate and increase your video visibility.
Moreover, take the time to look at other user’s videos and put informative comments on their videos. Avoid creating simple comments like “nice video.”
7. Post Constantly
TikTok is one of the most popular social networks in the internet world that allows frequent posting. The more and more content you post to your TikTok profile, the higher chance you will gain to raise your followers to count. It is the best way for people to find your account and decide to follow your account.
Hence, if you want your video to be appealing, you need to figure out the best time and day your followers are active on TikTok, and don’t forget to upload your videos at that time. Posting at least one video per day is a great strategy to grab your audience’s attention and show your brand to the exact customers.
8. Create Interesting Video With Clear Description
TikTok allows users to create up to minute long videos, but the short form content always captures your audience’s eyesight and provides value to your audience. When you want to boost your discoverability and credibility, you have to give content that creates interest and impression to watch your videos again.
A video with a clear and good description is also important to understand what about your video and what it offers to your audiences. So make sure to add your most important keywords and links in your description part to increase engagement and gain value from your audiences.
#Simple Strategies To Drive Traffic & Sales From TikTok
It’s time to start thinking about how to generate your sales growth and drive traffic to your website. There are plenty of ways to reach a highly engaged community and enhance your social proof. Here are some simple tactics for driving traffic and boost sales through TikTok:
1. Add Clickable Link In Your Bio:
It is a super valuable source for creators and marketers to invite people directly to your website. If you enter into the edit profile option, you can see the website field. But you need to join the TikTok testers program to get the website field to your profile. Here are the steps to do it;
- Go to your TikTok profile
- Click the three dots icon.
- Scroll down and choose to join TikTok teasers options.
- Tap the testflight option and install it in the App store.
- Click start testing to download the new version of TikTok.
- Run your TikTok profile again and select the edit profile option.
- Here, you can add your website or social media link in the website field.
2. Make Use Of TikTok Ads:
TikTok ads are only a great way to add clickable buttons to your videos. It gets significant growth for businesses to drive more traffic and increases sales growth from the app. You can easily encourage your audiences through shop now and download now CTA’s from your TikTok videos.
In essence, TikTok ads give your videos a great reach and impression of your organic video content. TikTok provides different types of advertising options for users to promote their brand to loyal followers. Here are the types of TikTok ads:
- Infeed Ads – It is a great video ad, and it displays inside the user while users were scrolling through the “For You” page. With infeed ads, users can like, comment, share and interact with your brand directly.
- Brand Takeover Ads – Brand takeover is a full-screen ad that appears on the For You page instantly when a user opens the app.
- Top View Ads – It is similar to a brand takeover ad, but it appears at the top of the For You feed when the user opens the TikTok app. It allows up to 60 second long videos with full screen, autoplay, and sound effects.
- Branded Hashtag Ads – It is the most popular advertising format on TikTok. This ad displays at the top of the Discover page, and when users click on the hashtag, it moves them to reach the landing pages. Also, TikTok displays a collection of other TikTok videos from the same hashtag.
- Branded Effects – It allows businesses to create an amazing ad with custom filters on the app itself. TikTok’s branded effect ads are a great way to allow users to engage with your brand and business.
3. Connect Your Social Media Profiles
One more quickest and easiest way to drive traffic from your TikTok profile is by connecting your social media profiles on the app. Currently, TikTok enables users to add direct likes to their Instagram and Youtube accounts. To do this, you can use the following tips:
- Go to your TikTok profile page->click edit profile.
- Here, you can connect your Instagram and YouTube accounts.
- When users visit your TikTok profile page, they can see the Instagram icon, and they directly enter into your Instagram by using that link.
If you’re regularly using Instagram or YouTube to promote your products or services, adding your social media links is a great cross-promotion strategy to win your TikTok profile and achieve more success!